Questions to Ask for Reviewing 2012 — Brad Lomenick
Year End Review Questions:
1. What are the 2-3 themes that personally defined 2012 for me?
2. What people, books, accomplishments, or special moments created highlights in 2012?
3. Give yourself a grade from 1-10 in the following areas of focus for 2012: vocationally, spiritually, family, relationally, emotionally, financially, physically, recreationally.
4. What am i working on that is BIG for 2013 and beyond?
5. As I move into 2013, is a majority of my energy being spent on things that drain me or things that energize me?
6. How am I preparing for 10 years from now? 20 years from now?
7. What 2-3 things have I been putting off that I need to execute on before the end of the year?
8. Is my family closer at the end of this year? Am I a better friend at the end of this year? If not, what needs to change immediately?
This time a year ago, my family and I had so many questions with so few answers. My wife gave birth to triplets in 2011, we also left many dear friends that same year. We changed ministry positions, moved across the country, and eventually found ourselves living in rural, small, and short-term housing, with a large and growing family. All the while, I went from serving a congregation of 1500 to a congregation of 50. Times were tough and all I could do was trust in Jesus when my world seemed to crumble around me.
Fast forward to one year later, my Jesus placed me in a wonderful congregation made up of people whom we love and love to serve. We went from a borrowed housing space of 1000 sq. ft. to a new home of 3000 sq. ft. We moved from a very small town with not much opportunity, to metro Atlanta, where we found a congregation who welcomed us with open arms and open hearts. Our triplets and our older daughter are a year older now and as healthy as ever. God has blessed us exponentially, but we had to walk through the desert to fully understand the blessings of the mountain top….and it all centers on our unwavering faith in Jesus. Like the song says: “I have a Savior, He knows my name, He knows my every thought, and He hears me when I call” …. He heard my call and He came close to our side and held us close and escorted us out of that painful time….God is good!!!
Many blessings to you and yours for a tremendously blessed 2013!
I used to be a frequent blogger at my recent blog site (that is still up) at http://www.glocalchurch.wordpress.com. However, due to a variety of difficult circumstances, I stopped blogging almost two years ago. In this new blog, I will elaborate on those painful circumstances that pulled me away from a practice I love. If you ‘d like to read my previous posts from years gone by, check out the URL listed above.
In future post I plan on blogging about the paradoxical life of Christ Followers, and why it’s so odd to a secular-focused world.
I hope you will follow me on this new journey as I hope to inform, inspire, and engage readers in this new blog….So stay tuned and keep checking back. I will also notify of new blog post on my twitter feed at @s_richsmith and my facebook timeline at Rich Smith. I hope you will keep up with what God is teaching me as we journey together through this Paradox In Motion.