Reggie Joiner, founder of The Orange Movement and Curriculum Process identified 5 facts you can’t ignore when it comes to the church partnering with parents for kids’ spiritual development. These 5 Facts are essential in the process of a child’s spiritual formation. So here we go:
1. Nothing is more important than someone’s relationship with God.
2. No one has more potential to influence a child’s relationship with God than his/her parents. – Unfortunately this truth is often overlooked by the church.
3. No one has more potential to influence the parents than the church. – Often the church solely looks at discipling the parents and their own spiritual formation and overlook the fact that when parents are being discipled it overflows to the children.
4. The Church’s potential to influence a child dramatically increases when they partner with parents. – Effective children’s ministries are really holistic ministry to families.
5. Parents potential for influence increases when they partner with the church. – Effective children’s ministries not only raise up growing kids but also raise up growing parents to in turn, impact and influence their kids for the cause of Christ.
It’s extremely important that the church today never discounts the importance of their relationship with parents for the spiritual formation of their children. Remember, effective children’s ministries are also effective family ministries!